Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Coincidence? I think not!

10 days...10 daaaaaaaaays! Amazing. We've been engaged for over 6 months... I know that doesn't seem too long, call it the "Every Nation Style Engagement" if you will, but it seems like it has taken so long to finally get to the final stretch. I've grown alot, we've grown alot, and our marriage is going to be so strong thanks to this fruitful engagement season. What an amazing time.

Our biggest desire for our wedding day is that God would be glorified and magnified above anything else. The picture that we will show on our wedding day, reflecting God's love and adoration for His Bride, the Church, will be so tangible and so evident, we pray that many lives will be touched through us. Dave and I have been striving so hard to glorify God in everything that we do, and by staying pure during our engagement season (it's hard keeping those boundaries when you have the man of your dreams right in front of you!), and by saving ourselves for each other and that first kiss! Praise God, we're going to make it. It's only by His grace. Praise God.

And that's just what Satan hates. He hates it when people love Jesus, they make a commitment to him, and they stick with it! I'm not saying we're perfect, but Satan hates every effort towards glorifying the name of Jesus.

And it's easy to tell. There has been alot of spiritual attack on us lately. There's been alot of spiritual attack during our engagment, but especially these last few weeks. I know that Satan wants to release an arsenal of stress and discouragement (he already has let a few arrows fly), but I WILL NOT HAVE IT! Praise God for all the faith building that he's been working on me with through the years, it is paying off!

Even yesterday as Dave's car broke down, for the second or third time in the last month or so (coincidence? I think not!) -- God was in control and he COMPLETELY provided and turned the situation around within 24 hours. It's amazing! I can't go into much detail yet, but God is so good!

He can do anything. I'm serious. My God is so HUGE! I just had to praise him.
Satan hates me, but I hate him more, and I have a big God to back me up.

What has God done for you lately that you are praising Him for?

"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried...your Father knows that you need them. Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you." -- Jesus of Nazareth

2 comments:

portorikan said...

holy cow! 10 days!? Time flies.

Nat and I have been married 2 years come November and it doesn't even feel like it's been one year yet.

I pray for the best for you and Dave and that GOD would bless your marriage. I pray he would also use both of you as an example to other young couples and singles.

Angel said...

Your union has got to be making the devil shake in his boots!! Its a powerful calling that you guys have! God is good!