Wednesday, April 9, 2008

how dave and i became dave and i part 5

alright we made it to budapest! :-D so this is mid july of 2007...i'm there, completely mission focused, serving God and serving the team there...and then dave walks in...and although my focus was still on why i was there, it was nice to have him there too! :-)

the first night he got there, he showed me some pictures from israel, and gave lisa and i some pretty scarfs...my first gift from dave! :-D

the next day was sunday, and as i had been the whole summer, i was playing on the worship team...and it just so happened that i was leading a song that morning..."lead me to the cross", off the hillsong united we stand album. great song. and it's one of dave's favorites now :-) after church the tweedy's, dave, and i went to lunch off of andrassy. we were talking about the service that morning and dave remarked, "that was the most beautiful worship song i've ever heard. you did an amazing job, i really loved it!" and my heart just stopped right there. and i couldn't do CPR on myself...just kidding. but wow. what a compliment! later we went to the open market that was on the chain bridge, and talked some. nothing too monumental there, it was just so nice to be around him. :-)

the next day, monday, dave and addison went off to see the city and i stayed home with ariston and silas. don't get me wrong, i love love love love love ariston and silas, they are the two cutest boys i've ever seen and i miss them SO much! but i really really wanted to go with dave and addison. i asked addison that morning if he wanted me to go with them, and he said something like "no, we need some guy time". little did i know, dave wanted me to go too...but that was good, dave told addison about me that day, but i'll leave the rest of their conversations for him to tell you :-) oh, and praise the Lord, that night dave got a haircut...israel will surely grow your hair gents...:-P

the next day though, i did get to go into town with dave and addison, to english conversation class at a cafe in pest. on our way there, addison would tell dave about different landmarks, etc and i would walk behind them...but every now and then when addison finished telling dave something, dave would slow down his pace to walk next to me! :-) man did i feel special. he'd ask me about my family, how i was liking budapest, stuff like that...and then addison would start talking about another monument, and dave would give me a funny look, making fun of addison, but with a little pain in his eye because he wanted to talk to me...good times. english conversation class was great, here's a picture:

on the way back, it was FREEZING cold. it was windy, and my sweatshirt didn't do anything for me...so dave offered me his green zip up jacket...:-) now everytime i see him wearing that jacket i think of this...after a though walk up the hill, we made it back to the tweedy's home. :-) that night i called my sister colleen just to catch up and i told her that dave was staying the week with us. she asked, "is that weird having him there? i know you like him..." i was shocked, i hadn't told her anything, so of course i denied it. she asked me why and i replied, "because, well, umm...he's hairy! he's like a hairy mountain man...he hasn't shaved since before israel...i'm not a big fan of facial hair..." hoping that he didn't hear me through the door to my room, i ended the conversation and peeked cautiously outside...phew! i was in the clear...

wednesday...now wednesday had some funny things happening...on wednesdays i go over to pest for worship practice at the church office. unfortunately, i had to go by myself that day, dave stayed at home and now he says that he wanted to go with me, but he didn't want to be too forward. haha! worship practice was good, and i made my way back home about 2 hours later...i've just trekked up this hill with a keyboard on my back, and as i'm walking into their flat to go to my room, i see dave in the living room playing with ariston. i thought to myself, "aww, he's gonna be such a great dad someday..." i continue walking, but look back to see if dave saw me come in, and i noticed something that absolutely stunned me...

he had shaved! his israeli beard was gone!!! :-D but i couldn't believe it...just the night before i told colleen that i didn't like him because of that beard! come to find out, addison dropped the hint that i didn't like the beard...earlier that summer addison, lisa and i were talking about "guys on the horizon" and what i did/didn't like in men. i told them that i wasn't a big fan of facial hair...so when i was at worship practice addison asked dave about the beard. dave said that he was just growing it out because he was in israel. addison then asked, "well what if the right girl comes along and she doesn't like it?" dave replied, "well, if the right girl comes along then i'll shave it off." so addison told him, "Well! the right girl doesn't like it!" about a minute later, dave walked into his bathroom and shaved it off...and then i came home...and i saw his gorgeous, ruddy tan, and freshly shaven face. and i stopped walking, exhausted from the walk home and still with this big keyboard on my shoulder. and i stared. with my mouth wide open...i was stunned. then i blinked, regained composure, and RAN into my room! i shut the door behind me, put my keyboard down on the floor, and buried my face in my pillow on my bed and prayed SO hard...that's the beard story :-)

later that night, as previously prepared, i was the chef for the evening. chicken picatta was on the menu, and i was gonna make my way to dave's heart through his stomach! :-P it was great, he loved it, and he liked the leftover's even better :-D then after that, i was practicing some worship music out in the living room, and dave asked if he could record me...on his computer...now that's not too forward. :-) but i didn't mind :-D so i played "lead me to the cross" for him, and it's still on his computer, and it's now on his ipod as well.

the next day we just relaxed around the house, hung out, watched "cinderella man" while watching the boys...and later that night we all went up to gellert hill to see the city at night. on the way up dave and i walked next to each other and talked about different things...what a stud he showed himself to be that day, he carried silas all the way up the hill...and that baby weighs alot! like 20 lbs at the time! almost made me swoon...:-) at the top, i was taking pictures of the tweedy's when dave asked addison to take a picture of him, then i asked addison to take a picture of me. then addison suggested, "why don't you two take a picture together?" trying not to be more awkward then the moment already was, i cooly said, "sure". so here's what we call "the awkward picture" :

after that we walked down the hill, dave and i were next to each other again, talking...it was so nice just be around him. he has always been one of my favorite people...well now, he's my number 1 favorite :-) that night when we got back from gellert, he and i were up late, he was packing, and i was writing an email to my mom or something...before i went to bed he gave me a beautiful purse from israel that he had picked out for me...my second present from dave! i loved it, and i couldn't believe that he had given it to me!

the next day he left to fly back to the states. he left the house at 4 am, so i said my goodbye's the night before...little did i know that he would get stuck in the milan airport overnight, and he'd be thinking of me the whole time, listening to "lead me to the cross" on his ipod, and watching me on his computer...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ACK! So this was all right before Christina and Layne's wedding!!!!!!
EEEEEEEEEE :)

*Joana

Elizabeth said...

MORE STORIES!!!!! Stop with the cliffhangers!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, okay, so, this is an awesome story. I love the "beard story". It's hilarious. You know how I love my facial hair, but I definitely agree with you that Dave looks better without it. Haha, you two crack me up, I'm serious. Katie + Dave = best family ever!

bella chung said...

lol, i remember you telling the beard story in budapest. please continue with the saga. it keeps my "busy work nights" interesting. :)

Amy Middleton said...

not much longer!!!!!!! let's hang out before life gets crazier!

Beloved said...

Thanks for your comment :)

Btw, i felt so weird reading this cuz i felt like i snuck into ur room and was reading page 5 of your diary lol but it's REALLY CUTE!! Keep it coming!!

Love ya!! (and thanks for praying for me!)